Saturday, October 25, 2008

Early to Bed and Early to Rise

Last night I fell asleep to the singing of the children living below our mountainside perch. It was such an incredibly beautiful lullaby, and, since I tend to retire early with the 7pm sunsets here, the music went on long after I'd climbed under my net. This morning I woke to crowing roosters and the echoes of the baboons arguing further up on the mountain. Rolled over to find the rising sun was a blazing red ball...tried to take a photo but the camera wasn't able to capture what I was seeing, and I still don't know enough about how to change settings and such. You'll just have to trust me...it was absolutely way better-than-postcard perfect!

Because the others have gone to Arusha for the weekend, I've invited my 'daughter' Happyness to come for a sleepover tonight. My first 'tent guest'! So, I spent the morning reorganizing my gear and making up the second bed in preparation for her visit.

The puppies are thriving! They have already learned where 'home' begins and ends, and they come running at the sound of their names. I'd forgotten how nasty little puppy teeth and claws can be though...they've got me well scratched up in their exuberance!

Must keep this short today. I'm off to the shops area to pick up some soda for tonight. I'd forgotten how much I love Bitter Lemon. Anyone looking for a cause can start petitioning Coca Cola Ltd. to make the stuff available in Canada!

No comments: