Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Never a Dull Moment



A few weeks ago I decided to go "home" to the Ottawa Valley for awhile. Sadly, one of my aunt's had just died, and I wanted to take advantage of my 'free' time, to go and stay with my uncle...do what I could to help him through this horrible transition period.

One thing led to another. There was no more denying that this country girl was ready to get back to the woods and the water. And, once I put that out to the Universe, things started happening.

Eight days ago I went to look at a little place in the village of Chapeau, Quebec. I fell in love...knew immediately that both the village and the house felt more like home than anything I could have imagined for myself. 6 days ago, my offer to purchase was accepted. 4 days ago, a home inspector gave the place his blessing...it's a 1940s house but all the right upgrades have been done and it's move-in ready with no necessary investments. Yesterday I met with a banker to finalize a ridiculously tiny mortgage. Today, there are only a few formalities left to complete (none should prove to be obstacles) and very soon, I will own my new home.

It is a perfect place to write. My terraced little lawn ends in the Ottawa River. My canoe can come out of hiding and be happy once again. I can come out of hiding and be happy once again. The location, though a little off the beaten track, is absolutely perfect...smack dab in the middle of all the folks that matter most to me here in this part of the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Noor...looking at this beautiful view and the lush nature...I understand why you feel the urge to leave the computer and spread your wings else where. Blessed be your journey dear one.