Friday, April 20, 2007

Rainy Day in Arusha

Who'd have thought it could rain so long & so hard in Tanzania. I fell asleep to a huge thunderstorm last night (friends will know that's a GOOD thing in my view) and awoke to a continuing downpour. Heading back to Longido this afternoon after a relatively quick city-visit.

Sorry the postings are rather sparse. Perhaps much of this is becoming second-nature to me now, and as a result I may forget that even the everyday bits could be interesting to folks back home. I will try to find a free evening back in the village to write some updates.

Meantime, I'm happy and well, and making a good beginning at what I hope to help establish as a new community project for Longido District...I'm consulting with all sorts of folks about the possibility of opening a counselling and Emergency Shelter centre for unwed pregnant "girl mothers". The need is huge...the available services seem to be minimal. Hopefully we'll be able to go forward with this and truly make a difference in a number of lives. More info to come as (hopefully) things become more concrete.

By the way, I've just enabled email via my cell phone and am assuming it will work in the village as well as it does here! So please, keep those warm and wonderful emails from home heading to my joallgo@gmail.com account. They always brighten my day! My replies will be short -- nothing like trying to type on a phone keypad!?!?

Jotu

No comments: