Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The $180 Bath

Okay, so I said I wouldn't do it. But you know, after 2 months and a long recent stretch out in the village I really needed a chance to recharge and my bathtub craving was becoming obsessive. So, here I am in Arusha having spent 2 nights at the rather lavish (by my current standards anyhow) Impala Hotel (chosen because of the existence of tubs). I'm now well rested, and feeling cleaner than I have since November. Add in the great Indian and Chinese food served at the hotel and hey, this was a good Christmas present to me. I'm ready to head back to the village this afternoon and work like crazy for my final 3 weeks there....refreshed and relatively clearheaded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jotu, Jo sent me the link to your blog and so I have just read through all your posts, and am now up to date with your adventures. Wow, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time, with relatively few mis-adventures. I envy what you are doing, especially right now, as we are finally getting some very cold weather here in Ottawa (still not much snow, though -- maybe tonight). A spot of (really) warm weather would go down very well with me right now. Take care. -- Cathy Allison.